Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Radcliffe is 'nervous' about Broadway

Daniel Radcliffe has admitted that he is very nervous but excited about appearing on the Broadway stage in New York for the first time next year with play Equus.

The actor, soon to appear in ITV drama My Boy Jack, has already had a successful run in London's West End with the Peter Shaffer stage show.

Now Radcliffe has signed up to take the show to America in 2008, but he revealed he was worried about "screwing" it up.

He said: "I'm incredibly excited. I think we open about mid September next year and it's all happening and I'm just very excited."

But he admitted: "Of course there's nerves, but if I wasn't nervous then I'd be dead. I mean you have to feel nervous because it's a good thing, it's healthy. So yeah, I'm obviously nervous, but I'm very, very excited and I'll be there with Richard (Griffiths).

"People said it was sort of a risk doing it in the first place. (But) you just look around the rehearsal room and it was me and Richard Griffiths, Thea Sharrock, John Napier and David Hersey and I was just thinking 'well, if I screw up I couldn't be screwing up with better people around me'."

No comments: